There are certain rules for admission of international students in Singapore. If you desire for your child to be admitted into one of the best international schools in Singapore; have a look at the following details.
- Pre Primary level (Pre KG to KG2)- 3 to 5 years
- Primary level (Grade 1 to 5) – 6 to 11 years
- Secondary level (Grade 6 to 10)- 11 to 16 years
- Higher Secondary level (Grade 11 to 12)- 16 to 18 years
Entry level/General requirements
- Student Pass/ Dependant Pass/ Immigration Exemption Order
- Either of the guardians should be staying /working in Singapore.
- Student Photograph and Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Educational and transfer certificates
- Parent’s passport, visa and employment pass
Each student has to follow these admission procedures prior to gaining admission to any Singapore international school or International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- a) Online registration
Students need to apply online with the required registration fee. Depending on their age, if it’s an IB world school, the course they will undertake will be either the IB diploma programme/IB career-related programme(16-19), the IB middle years programme(11-16) or the IB primary years programme(3-12).
- b) Student interview
A majority of top international schools in Singapore have student interviews for the enrollment process and other queries.
- c) Assessment test
A short assessment test is conducted for all students from grade 4. This is to ensure their basic proficiency level in Mathematics and English. Students without an English medium background will have to sit for the WIDA assessment test. This is to check whether the candidate will be able to take up English as a language or not.
- d) Fee Settlement
After the student clears the assessment test, parents will be called for personal interaction by the admission panel. There, the invitation letter will be given with the final payment.